OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL.
DATE: THURSDAY 14 JULY 2016
THEME: DOING GOD’S PROJECT
“Take ye from among you an offering untpo the Lord: whosoever is of a willing heart, let him bring it, an offering of the Lord; gold, and silver, and brass. Exodus 35:5
Read: Exodus 25:1-9
1. AND The LORD spake unto Moses, saying, You
2. Speak unto the children of Israel, that they bring me an offering: of every man that giveth it willingly with his heart ye shall take my offering.
3. And this is the offering which ye shall take of them; gold, and silver, and brass,
4. And blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine linen, and goats’ hair,
5. And rams’ skins dyed red, and badgers’ skins, and shittim wood,
6. Oil for the light, spices for anointing oil, and for sweet incense,
7. Onyx stones, and stones to be set in the ephod, and in the breastplate.
8. And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them.
9. According to all that I shew thee, after the pattern of the tabernacle, and the pattern of all the instruments thereof, even so shall ye make it.
A. One truth that children of God must embrace is that we are partners with God in His Divine Project.
1. God created man in His image, by implication; man is superior to all other creation and is Lord over the universe.
2. God prepared man to occupy a position of junior partner with Him.
3. This is why after He had created the Heaven and the earth and all that were in the earth, He put man in charge of naming, keeping and dressing them.
4. The Bible says:
“And out of the ground The LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.” Genesis 2:19
5. So, man had been charged with the responsibility of doing God’s project from the beginning and up till date.
6. God has not withdrawn this responsibility from man, although at times, man fails to live up to God’s expectation.
7. I pray for someone using this devotional; you will from now on live according to God’s expectation concerning Kingdom Projects in Jesus’ Name. Amen!\
B. In today’s Bible reading, The Lord Commanded Moses to take offerings from the children of Isreal for the building of the Tabernacle.
1. He told them to bring the offering willingly and joyfully.
2. God is still making demands on us for His projects; missionary, infrastructuralor administrative.
3. It is left to us to respond according to our ability.
4. One other truth we must learn from the story of the children of Isreal is that everything God demanded from them was provided to them by God Himself.
5. When the children of Isreal were leaving Egypt, The Lord caused the Egyptians to send them away in a hurry with the riches of the land.
6. The Bible says: “And the children of Israel did according to The Word of Moses; and they borrowed of the Egyptians jewels of silver, and jewels of gold, and raiment: And the LORD gave the people Favour in the sight of the Egyptians, so that they lent unto them such things as they required.
7. And they spoiled the Egyptians.” Exodus 12:35-36.
C. Another lesson we must learn from this is that whatever blessing we are blessed with has a reason and the reason primarily is for Kingdom projects.
1. Therefore, I advise someone reading this devotional today to find out the areas where God’s project needs his or her urgent attention and go ahead to meet that need.
Father, please help me not fail you in Kingdom Business in Jesus Name. Amen!
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR : 1 Corinthians 8:1-11:16 and Psalms 9:11-20
AUTHOR : Pastor E. A ADEBOYE
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL.