OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL…
DATE : TUESDAY 12 JULY 2016
THEME: GET OUT FROM AMONG THEM!
“BLESSED is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.” Psalms 1:1
Read: 2 Corinthians 6:14-18
14. Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15. And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16. And what agreement hath The Temple of God with idols? for ye are The Temple of The Living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith The Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
18. And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be My Sons and Daughters, saith The Lord Almighty.
A. Right from the Garden of Eden, there have been two categories of people in the world the godly and the ungodly.
1. Ungodliness didn’t just start in the 21st century; it is an age-long problem.
2. Therefore, all conscientious Children of God must make up their minds to watch out for ungodly groups and do everything possible to avoid keeping their company. 3. The difference between the heroes of faith and other people that lived in their generations is that the heroes of faith refused to be influenced by the lifestyle of the ungodly.
4. The Psalmist in our memory verse for today said; “Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly; nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the sea of the scornful.” Psalms 1:1
B. An example of a hero of faith who distinguished himself in godliness is Noah. 1. The Bible says that as perverted as his world was, he decided to live in the fear of The Lord with household ;
2. “These are the generations of Noah; Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God”… “it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.” Genesis 6:9, 6
3. It is very important that lovers of God abstain from all appearances of evil.
4. In our Bible reading for today, an Apostle of Jesus Christ admonishes us not to keep company with the ungodly; he sees no resemblance in the life of the godly and that of the ungodly.
5. The difference is clear and Apostle spells it out by saying;
“He that committed win is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning, for this purpose the son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil… In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that liveth not his brother. 1 John 3:9,10
C. The world is full of the ungodly, sinners and enemies of God.
1. We live among them and they want to keep our company.
2. They entice us to keep their company also.
3. The Almighty God is speaking to us today to come out from among them.
4. And for those who have come out in genuine repentance but are thinking of going back; don’t do it.
5. For those still in sin, the command of God to you today is to get out of your life of sin.
6. You stand to be blessed if you obey the voice of God today.
7. As a matter of fact, the evil you plan to execute today may be your last action on the face of the earth if you don’t repent.
Look into your life and the company you keep. Does this company glorify The Name of Your God? If not, get out of that company, thought, action and habit today.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Corinthians 1-4 and Psalms 8
AUTHOR: Pastor E. A ADEBOYE
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL…